Monday, August 13, 2012

Prompt 226

For those of you who come here from my dA account, you know I've been working on my 365 prompt project. For those of you who don't know what that is, well...it's exactly how it sounds. While on dA I wait until the end of the week to post my prompts, I'll be updating more frequently here.


226.
Prompt: Delete
Date: 8/13/12
                People come into our lives for a reason. Whether that be to help us along the way, or to hurt us and make us stronger. Either way, they’re there, and we can’t do much about it. Whether we want to or not, we’re forced to associate with people who change us—change us into someone we aren’t, yet we are at the same time.
                And what happens when these people leave us?
                They’re simply a contorted memory. A face. A thought.
                People can be erased from our lives entirely too easily. Like the simple click on the keyboard, relationships are wiped away, as if nothing had ever happened. And then eventually, we’ll forget. We’ll forget what these people did for us. We’ll forget the sound of their voice, even their words. We forget what they meant to us, what they felt, what they dreamt. We’ll forget how they changed us. Yet the changes will remain.
                Because while people may pass through our lives, short-term or long-term, their effect on us will always remain, like a hidden tattoo. No matter how hard we may try to prevent someone from changing who we are, it’s impossible.
                So make the best of every person if your life.



2 comments:

  1. I love this because it is so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely know that you and Hailey changed me. You guys made me so much more easy-going. And I always feel like a rebel whenever we hang out. :D

      Delete