Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frustration

Wrote this last night when I was feeling extra depressed because of my parents and siblings and life in general. There is a writing contest I was thinking about entering this into, with the prompt as  "Frustration." I don't know if I will or not, since this isn't very good. Tell me what you think, though.


Empty pages,
Exhausted sighs,
Staring into white,
Wondering what on Earth to write.

A simple text,
Asking for help with life,
Waiting three-hours,
For a half-hearted response.
Wondering if it’s worth my time.

Flat strings,
Awkward bow-hold,
Unfamiliar grip,
Lost of love for music-making,
Wondering how I’ll survive next year’s class.

A distant friend,
Seems to be further and further away each day,
No conversation, nothing to say,
Wondering if she’ll read this poem.

Undetermined future,
Struggle and stress,
To keep my life from falling apart,
And then failing.
Wondering what I’ll be blamed for next.

True friends that stay by my side,
Forever and ever.
Yet it still stings when,
Some grow apart.

I’m wondering when I’ll snap.


No comments:

Post a Comment