Monday, August 13, 2012

Midnight Snack...

So last night I had this craving for something salty. Like the weird, psychopathic person that I am, I took thirty minutes to make myself a "Midnight Snack."

This is a really easy recipe. It doesn't really have a name, other than Bowtie Pasta and Prosciutto. Anyway, all you really do is boil some bow-tie pasta. Then go ahead and cut up as much prosciutto as you can handle. I trust that you know that prosciutto is cured Italian ham. Anyways, if you're like me, it will take a really long time to get those prosciutto pieces apart from each other, and that will take up the majority of your prep time. Throw in about 1/2 to a tablespoon of butter into the hot pasta (after you've cooked and drained it, of course), then add whatever Italian cheese you please. (I usually put in Parmesan.) After mixing the pasta around so the butter and cheese have melted somewhat, put in the sliced up bits of prosciutto. To make sure all the meat doesn't clump up into one, salty, meaty ball, try adding little bits at a time, and mixing it well. There, you've got yourself an awesome plate or bowl of delicious and simple pasta.

Now this probably has enough salt content to kill me. But was it worth it?

Ab-sol-utely.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment